The 6mm or 7mm make great bail biners and the 8mm is often used to connect to eye bolts, or adjust the length of chain.
Wide mouth screw-links are useful when a thick rope or chain needs to be attached, or the extra length of the link is an advantage. Often these are needed to connect to eye-bolts or other anchors, when the thickness of the anchor requires the wider opening.
- Consider breaking load limit in kN engraved to the rod.
- Visual check of complete nut screwing compulsory; no thread must be showing.
- Maillon Rapide quick links are only to be loaded along the major axis.
- Maillon Rapide quick links should be carefully checked at regular intervals. If you are in any doubt about the safety of a quick link after checking, replace it with a new one.
- When fastened with a wrench up to the proper tightening torque, Maillon Rapide quick links are considered a permanent connector.
- Maillon Rapide should always be fitted with parts made of same material.
- When connected with chain, Maillon Rapide quick links should be of the same diameter.
- Never connnect any Maillon Rapide quick links onto a lifting chain.
- Stainless steel Maillon Rapide quick links may be used in salt water.
Zinc Plated Steel
6mm: Weight: 41g, Dimensions: 27 x 70.5mm, PPE: 17.5kN, SWL: 350kgs, Gatewidth: 13mm
7mm: Weight: 60g, Dimensions: 30 x 79mm, PPE: 25kN, SWL: 500kgs, Gatewidth: 16mm
8mm: Weight: 91g, Dimensions: 34 x 88mm, PPE: 33kN, SWL: 650kgs, Gatewidth: 18mm
10mm: Weight: 157g, Dimensions: 44 x 105mm, PPE: 50kN, SWL: 1000kgs, Gatewidth: 20mm