A superb device, probably one of the safest belay devices out there, better for top roping with. This set includes the Concept carabiner. NB: This is the new improved model.
CLICK UP + is an innovative manual braking belay device, evolution of the well-established CLICK UP model. Designed specifically for indoor and crag climbing, it can be used with all dynamic single ropes in the 8.5 to 11 mm Ø range. Lightweight and compact, it allows for belaying a leader or a top-roping climber, both hands handling the rope.
- more effective in paying out rope, a process that is now quick and smooth, thanks to the new geometry of the body and to a new carabiner holding layout (patent pending);
- more comfortable for top-rope belays, especially when used with indoor climbing ropes, thanks to the new geometry of the side plates
- even safer, thanks to the V-Proof System (patent pending) that reduces the chance of error due to incorrect handling of the rope while braking
- more ergonomic, thanks to the new shape of the outer body
- it allows the belayer to arrest a fall simply holding the free end of the rope with the braking hand
- it allows the belayer to lower the partner off by applying a slight pressure over the device, while keeping under tension the free end of the rope with the braking hand;
- it ensures effective belaying even if the rope is incorrectly installed in the device (the strands of the rope are inverted) thanks to specific V-shaped, tapered, friction notches
Caution: read carefully the device instructions before use.
CLICK UP + is supplied and must be used together with the specific HMS carabiner CONCEPT SGL HC, with wear-resistant anodizing and ACL system that prevents the possibility of minor-axis cross-loading.
MADE IN ITALY
Rope Diameter: 8.5mm - 11mm
Weight Device: 110g
Weight Carabiner: 77g
EN 15151-2:2012 type 2