8mm recommended for attaching chain to rap hangers.
10mm quite useful as the lower-off on the ends of the chain.
The standard oval shapes are are the most widely used screw-links. They are ideal for connecting to hardware such as bolt hangers or wire cables, and have the highest strength of any screw-link shape for the size of the material. They are also the cheapest option.
- Consider breaking load limit in kN engraved to the rod.
- Visual check of complete nut screwing compulsory; no thread must be showing.
- Maillon Rapide quick links are only to be loaded along the major axis.
- Maillon Rapide quick links should be carefully checked at regular intervals. If you are in any doubt about the safety of a quick link after checking, replace it with a new one.
- When fastened with a wrench up to the proper tightening torque, Maillon Rapide quick links are considered a permanent connector.
- Maillon Rapide should always be fitted with parts made of same material.
- When connected with chain, Maillon Rapide quick links should be of the same diameter.
- Never connnect any Maillon Rapide quick links onto a lifting chain.
- Stainless steel Maillon Rapide quick links may be used in salt water.
Zinc Plated Steel
6mm: Weight: 34g, Dimensions: 27 x 57mm, PPE: 20kN, SWL: 400kgs, Gatewidth: 9mm
8mm: Weight: 77g, Dimensions: 34 x 74mm, PPE: 35kN, SWL: 700kgs, Gatewidth: 11mm
10mm: Weight: 137g, Dimensions: 41 x 89mm, PPE: 55kN, SWL: 1100kgs, Gatewidth: 12mm
12mm: Weight: 232g, Dimensions: 45 x 104mm, PPE: 75kN, SWL: 1500kgs, Gatewidth: 15mm